Swedish hard bread
I just made Swedish hard bread following this simple recipe. Delicious with cheeses, ham or slices of egg.
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. Add the oil and water and stir until everything is well mixed together.
- Take a large flat baking tray and 2 sheets of baking paper, cut the paper to the size of the tray.
- Lay one sheet on the tray and lightly grease with oil. Pour in the hard bread mix.
- Lay the other sheet of paper on the top and press the mix down so that it spreads out to 5mm thick. Remove the top layer of paper and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, remove and cut gently into approx 8cm squares then return to the oven for another 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool then separate the squares and keep in an airtight container.